The Green Building is an event space and wedding venue located in the revitalized Gowanus neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY. The building features original exposed brick walls, soaring ceilings, an open-air courtyard, gorgeous natural light, and tons of rustic charm, perfect for your Brooklyn wedding, private event, corporate party, or film & photo shoot.
Since we’ve opened our doors in 2010, we’ve proudly hosted some of Brooklyn’s most stylish weddings; concerts by Norah Jones, Jens Lekman, 2 Chains; intimate gatherings and blowout bashes; late night dance parties and early morning yoga sessions; milestone celebrations, creative conferences, holiday parties, community events and much, much more.
Take a look around, if you’d like…
The Main Room
- 4,000 square feet of open space
- 17' exposed beam ceilings, original brick walls and floor to ceiling glass doors to the courtyard allowing for ample natural light
- One mobile reclaimed wood Carrara marble top bar adaptable to your floor plan
- Staging platforms for band, DJ, ceremony or presentation needs
- In-house sound system compatible with most DJ equipment with iPod hook-up and wireless mics
- Wall-mounted projector with optional 12 ' x 7' screen, perfect for a slideshow or film screening
- Chandeliers and pin lights on dimmers
– Central heat and A/C, WiFi access throughout the venue
- 500 sq-ft food prep area with refrigeration
The Private Lounge
- Private room accessed via the lobby coat check area
- Can be utilized as a private suite, backstage/green room or as additional space for guests
- 2,400 square feet perfect for outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour or dinner under the stars
- Indoor/Outdoor sound system
- Custom built mobile bar
- Five sets of patio furniture included
- Can be tented in inclement weather through one of our recommended vendors
What’s Included in a Standard Venue Rental:
• Cleaning before and after the event
• Staff included: Private Events Manager, Venue Coordinator, Operations Manager, and Hospitality Manager (see below for descriptions)
• Our basic furniture rental package, which includes tables and chairs for up to 160 guests. (6’ x 30” tables, 60” round tables, 30” round tables, cocktail tables, and white or black folding chairs)
• Use of backstage / dressing room area
• One mobile reclaimed wood Carrara marble top bar and one (1) outdoor mobile bar
• Four coat racks and approximately 200 hangers
• One four-part mobile stage; each piece is 4' x 8' and 7", 12", or 24" tall
• A/V equipment: a projector with screen, audio control rack and two wireless mics with stands
• Six garbage cans (heavy duty 55-gal garbage bags must be provided)
• Bathroom amenities
Private Events Manager
The private events manager is your main point of contact through out the planning process beginning with contract signing through security deposit return. Their duties include answering all questions and concerns throughout the planning process, scheduling vendor site visits, conducting the final walk through with your caterer, assisting with floor plans, handling in-house furniture needs, and finalizing details regarding any additional Green Building packages.
The venue coordinator is assigned to you at the final walk through and is the point of contact for all things related to the venue on the day of the event. They will open the building, direct vendors and deliveries to the proper areas, and make sure the venue is in tip-top shape to begin set up.
The operations manager will be onsite an hour before guests arrive to maintain general cleanliness of the venue. They oversee the vendors and ensure they are in compliance with the venue and able to provide hospitable service.
The hospitality manager greets your guests as they arrive, assists with coat check, helps guests find escort cards, calls car services at the end of the night for guests, and other on-site duties as needed.
*Additional staff based on final headcount and event hours may be billed separately.