Gowanus Art & Production is the Art Division of Gowanus Hospitality, home of the Green Building, 501 Union, and the Gowanus Gallery. Gowanus Art & Production provides innovative spaces for imaginative artists to present work from all disciplines. Gowanus Art & Production also services the production industry by providing original and inspiring shooting locations for filmmakers and photographers. This business initiative affords Gowanus Art & Production the opportunity to support performing and visual artists as an artistic presenter and original venue.
Film | Photography | Dance | Performance | Theater | Visual Art
• Approximately 10,000 square feet total, 4,000 square feet in main space
• Capacity 300 people?
• Weight bearing high-beam ceilings
• Exposed brick, ample natural light, removable brass chandeliers
• Raw, versatile & customizable to suit any shoot
• Up to 1000 amps of accessible power
• Central heat and air conditioning controlled by a digital thermostat
• Curtains, Chandeliers, Wall Fixtures can be removed upon request
• Kitchen 760 sq. ft. kitchen includes two separate refrigerators, a freezer, large sink, trashcans and ample counter space. 8 electrical outlets on separate 20 amp breakers, one outlet on 60 amp breaker, and private loading entrance from Union St.
• Bathrooms Four individual?bathrooms with brand new appliances (one fully wheelchair accessible bathroom)
• Four part mobile stage, each piece 4×8’ and can be raised to 7”, 12” or 24.”
• Bar Two mobile bars, which can be utilized or removed
• Onsite furniture rentals white resin or wooden folding chairs, ?6’ tables, 30” and 60” round tables
AUDIO VISUAL SYSTEM
• Control rack with self powered speakers throughout space
• IPod hookup
• 2 wireless microphones with stands
• Mounted projector and optional fast-fold projection screen?
• Full A/V specs available upon request
ROLL UP GATE
• 12ft x 15ft at ground level for easy load in/load out
• Vehicles are permitted to enter the building via the gate
• Adjacent to main space, two?1920’s inspired rooms with?copper ceilings and antique furniture
• Ideal for a green room, video village or background holding area
• Photocopies, Hardware, Pharmacy, Restaurants, Coffee shops
• Network of preferred vendors available upon request including: caterers, prop rentals and more
• Street parking available
• We can assist in making arrangements with nearby lots for larger vehicles or trailers
• Permit is required to cone off parking or sidewalk space
• F/G train at Carroll Street, R at Union Street
• 15 minutes from lower Manhattan
• Expansion in 2013 to include 50,000 square feet
• 4500 square feet of outdoor space
• All productions are required to provide?The Green Building with an insurance certificate.
RATES, BOOKINGS & INQUIRIES
• Rates vary according to criteria specific to each production.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org