In addition to being one of Brooklyn's most popular wedding venues, the Green Building also hosts corporate and community events, milestone celebrations, anniversary parties, bar and bat mitzvahs, conferences, and other gatherings large and small.
Interested in hosting your event with us? Please read our FAQs below for more information on our venue and policies, and take a peek behind the scenes on our blog.
The Main Room
- 4,000 square feet of open space
- 17' exposed beam ceilings, original brick walls and floor to ceiling glass doors to the courtyard allowing for ample natural light
- Two mobile mahogany bars adaptable to your floor plan
- Staging platforms for band, DJ, ceremony or presentation needs
- In-house sound system compatible with most DJ equipment with iPod hook-up and wireless mics
- Wall-mounted projector with optional 12 ' x 7' screen, perfect for a slideshow or film screening
- Chandeliers and pin lights on dimmers
– Central heat and A/C, WiFi access throughout the venue
- 500 sq-ft food prep area with freezer and refrigeration
The Private Lounge
- Private room accessed via the lobby coat check area
- Can be utilized as a private suite, backstage/green room or as additional space for guests
- Styled by Starling on Bond
- 2,400 square feet perfect for outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour or dinner under the stars
- Indoor/Outdoor sound system
- Custom built mobile bar
- Five sets of patio furniture included
- Can be tented in inclement weather through one of our recommended vendors
What's included in your rental fee?
Rental rate includes a 9am-2am rental. We also allow access the following day to pick up your remaining items between 9am-11am.
• Cleaning before and after the event
• Staff included: Private Events Manager, Venue Coordinator, Operations Manager, and Hospitality Manager (see below for descriptions)
• Our basic furniture rental package, which includes tables and chairs for up to 160 guests. (6’ x 30” tables, 60” round tables, 30” round tables, cocktail tables, and black or white folding chairs)
• Use of backstage / dressing room area
• Two mobile wooden bars
• Four coat racks and approximately 200 hangers
• One four-part mobile stage; each piece is 4' x 8' and 7", 12", or 24" tall
• A/V equipment: a projector with screen, audio control rack and two wireless mics with stands
• Six garbage cans (heavy duty 55-gal garbage bags must be provided)
• Bathroom amenities
Private Events Manager
The private events manager is your main point of contact through out the planning process beginning with contract signing through security deposit return. Their duties include answering all questions and concerns throughout the planning process, scheduling vendor site visits, conducting the final walk through with your caterer, assisting with floor plans, handling in-house furniture needs, and finalizing details regarding any additional Green Building packages.
The venue coordinator is assigned to you at the final walk through and is the point of contact for all things related to the venue on the day of the event. They will open the building, direct vendors and deliveries to the proper areas, and make sure the venue is in tip-top shape to begin set up.
The operations manager will be onsite an hour before guests arrive to maintain general cleanliness of the venue. They oversee the vendors and ensure they are in compliance with the venue and able to provide hospitable service.
The hospitality manager greets your guests as they arrive, assists with coat check, helps guests find escort cards, calls car services at the end of the night for guests, and other on-site duties as needed.
*Additional staff based on final headcount and event hours may be billed separately.
What's the capacity of the Green Building?
We can accommodate up to 250 guests for a cocktail party or 160 for a sit-down dinner with room for a dance floor.
What's the rental fee for an event at the Green Building?
Our rental rates vary based on the time of week and year. Please send us an email detailing the nature of your event, estimated attendance, and timing, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. You may also call our office, Mon – Thurs 10 AM – 6 PM and Friday 10 AM – 3 PM, at 718.522.3363.
What dates are still available for rental?
Please check our calendar for availabilities.
How do I book a date?
A 50% deposit of the rental fee is due at the time of booking. In addition, we require a $500 security deposit, which is refunded 10-15 business days after the event, provided there are no damages. The remaining balance is due 30 days before the event. The Green Building accepts check, money order, and all major credit cards.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel up to 1 year prior to your scheduled event, you will receive your rental fee deposit back minus a $4,000.00 booking fee. Within 1 year of the event you forfeit your rental fee deposit. If you decide to move the date of the wedding, you may do so, pending availability. We charge a $500 booking fee for date change.
Are there any restrictions on vendors I can use?
We pride ourselves on being flexible and accommodating; you may use the vendors of your choice. However, rental items (i.e furniture, glassware, flatware, etc.) must be sourced through either The Green Building or Broadway Party Rentals. Please see our list of preferred vendors who we trust to provide excellent service.
Do I need to hire an event planner or coordinator?
Yes. A Green Building venue manager will be on-site during your event to answer any facility related questions, provide general assistance and oversee the building and our staff, but he/she will not coordinate your event.
Am I responsible for clean-up?
The Green Building will clean the space before and after your event: sweeping, mopping, detailing the bathroom, and taking care of any necessary repairs.
In order to get your full security deposit back, you (or your caterer) must complete the following break down procedures immediately following your event:
• All centerpieces, candles, additional décor and alcohol must be removed from tables, neatly packed away, and consolidated in the kitchen or foyer. You may store personal belongings overnight, but must arrange for pick-up no later than 11 AM the following morning.
•Linens must be bundled and tied, or bagged and consolidated with outside rentals.
• Tables and chairs must be folded and stacked against one wall in the main space. Green Building furniture rentals must be separated from outside rentals when applicable.
• Glasses, dishes, food, drinks and personal items removed from lounge area.
• All glasses, plates, silver, etc. back in their original crates, consolidated in the kitchen.
• Food + drink removed from kitchen.
• Bars emptied of ice, completely drained, wiped down, and dried. Remove all products, candles, and coasters.
• Break down all boxes, bag all trash and remove from kitchen through rear emergency exit. Green Building staff will provide large format receptacle.
Is there a dressing area onsite?
Yes. Many couples use our private lounge to relax with their wedding party before the main event, and some couples use it as a place to sneak away during the reception. There are many creative ways to use the space.
Do I need to provide my own insurance?
We require you to provide a certificate of insurance that covers your vendors. Your caterer may be able to add your vendors as additional insured to their policy. We require $1M general aggregate / $1M per occurrence including property damage. Your policy should include Host Liquor Liability if you are serving alcohol. We recommend wedsafe.com or privateeventinsurance.com. The policy will cost approximately $175 and can be purchased up to 24 hours before your event. Please have a copy of the policy sent directly to your private event manager.
Is there a kitchen?
The Green Building includes a 500 sq. ft kitchen featuring ample counter space, (2) low-boy refrigerators, (1) 4’ x 2’ freezer, sink, and trash cans; eight outlets on separate 20-amp breakers and one outlet on a 60-amp breaker. There is a separate service entrance into the kitchen from Union Street as well as an outdoor prep area for catering grills, smokers and deep frying. Caterers may opt to bring in additional cooking equipment. Please check with your venue coordinator for any restrictions.
Where do my guests park?
Street parking is available. Should your guests need directions or a car service at the end of the evening, our front-end manager will happily assist. Local valet companies are also available for hire. There are also several public parking garages within a 2-3 block radius. Please inquire for more information.
Do you have any other rental spaces?
501 Union is our sister event space across the street from the Green Building.
Do you host wedding or baby showers?
While we love to host smaller events like showers, often the rental fee and size of the venue are not ideal for these types of events.
Does the building have heat and A/C?
When can we get in to set up?
That depends on the type of event you’re hosting, but in most cases, you and your vendors gain access to The Green Building at 9 AM on the day of your event.
Do you have an outdoor space?
Yes, use of our 2400 sq. ft. courtyard is included in your rental.
Is smoking allowed?
There is absolutely no smoking allowed onsite.
Are candles allowed?
Yes, however all candles must be contained in votives. Open flames are not allowed anywhere in the building.
Can I keep the large glass doors open during my event?
Yes, but the doors must be closed by 10:00 pm to comply with NYC noise ordinance. Only a member of the Green Building staff may open or close these doors.
Is the building wheelchair accessible?
How many bathrooms are there?
Four (4) individual, unisex bathrooms, one of which is wheelchair-accessible.
The photos on the site are so awesome!
We are thankful for the photographers who provide us with stunning images of our space. Please refer to our preferred vendor list to see a list of our favorite photographers.