CONGRATULATIONS ON BOOKING
THE GREEN BUILDING!
We've created an information packet to provide a comprehensive guide on hosting your event at The Green Building. Below you'll find floor plans and other helpful information. Don't forget to check out our FAQs, and if you then have any more questions, please email your venue contact
Meet our handpicked vendors who have consistently delivered exceptional service to our clients at The Green Building.
FULL SERVICE CATERERS
LIGHTING AND A/V
The Dexter Lake Club Band
Elan Artists (booking agency)
High and Mighty Brass Band
Jellyroll Fats & the Zulu Kings
Mike Irwin Jazz
Raya Brass Band
Slavic Soul Party
Vali (booking agency)
Brita Olsen Creative
Color Pop Events
Douglas Calhoun Events
José Rolón Events
Lindsey M. Events
Events by Melissa McNeeley
Modern Rebel Co.
Tammy Golson Events
Your Wedding by Lauren
FLORISTS / STYLING
PROPS / RENTALS
Holiday Inn Express
25 Union St.
Brooklyn, NY 11215
718-797-1133 | Fax: 718-797-1163
5-minute walk to the Green Building
Fairfield Inn on 3rd Ave
181 3rd Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217
85 Smith Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Marriott Brooklyn Bridge
333 Adams St.
Brooklyn, NY 11201
718-246-7000 | 888-436-3759 | Fax: 718-246-0563
5-minute taxi ride to the Green Building; 15 minutes door-to-door by subway
310 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013
212-965-3000 | Fax: 212-965-3200
2 Ave of Americas
New York, NY 10013
212-519-6600 | Fax: 212-519-6700
80 Wythe Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11249
718-460-8000 | Fax: 718-460-8001
We also highly recommend booking an apartment
via AirBnB, Vrbo, One Fine Stay, or Home Away. The prices tend to be much more reasonable and the accommodations can be very charming. We recommend focusing your search on the following neighborhoods: Carroll Gardens, Gowanus, Park Slope, Boerum Hill, Cobble Hill or Brooklyn Heights.
Caterer Rules & Requirements
• A sanitation station must be set up in the kitchen or in the outdoor catering space. There are tables provided by TGB in the kitchen.
• All trash must be removed from the building at the end of the event and placed in the dumpster.
• All cardboard must be broken down and tied with twine (available in the kitchen) and placed next to dumpster.
• All broken glass must be disposed of in a plastic-lined cardboard box and thrown in the dumpster at the end of the night.
• Clients are required to provide their own trash bags.
• Absolutely no dishes can be washed in the sink, there is no grease trap. Couples/Clients will be fined.
• Exit doors must have a four foot clearance in front of them at all times.
• Do not plug more than one high voltage appliance (percolator, convection oven) into the socket. Divide them among the sockets.
• Remove all items from the fridge at the end of the event unless written approval to pick-up next morning.
• Do not adjust the thermostat. Please ask the Operations Manager from TGB.
• If there is a problem with the kitchen restroom, please inform the Operations Manager.
• There is no smoking behind the kitchen, please go outside on the street.
Health and Safety:
• First aid kit is located on the wall near the kitchen exit.
• Floors in the main space are extremely slippery when wet. Clean all spills and leaks immediately with absorbent materials. Paper towels are provided by the building.
• All broken glass must be swept up immediately. Do not leave it on the floor unattended.
• Please orient yourself with the nearest fire exit and fire extinguishers upon arrival.
• All beverage service must be handled exclusively through the Green Building.
Broadway Party Rentals (REQUIRED RENTAL VENDOR)
• In accordance with Broadway Rental policy all rentals must go back into the containers they were delivered in.
• All used plates and utensils must go into crates lined with plastic. If there are no liners please use trash bags.
• All linens should be put into plastic bags.
• Oil must be removed from fryers and taken with the vendor.
• Coals must be placed into metal trash bin provided by Broadway Party Rental and left outside. DO NOT empty coals into dumpster or any other Green Building trash receptacle.
• Tables and chairs must be broken down and consolidated. See Operations Manager for placement.
• All Broadway rentals excluding grills, and propane fryers must be consolidated in the main space, and removed from kitchen.
• All large furniture items such as farm & barn tables from Broadway must be scheduled to be picked up that evening.
Green Building Furniture Rentals
• Broken down and stacked as close to the kitchen as possible.
• All rentals are stickered and should be separated from Broadway Rentals; this includes furniture rentals.
Items that are left for pick-up the following day must be left on the countertops in the kitchen. Nothing should be left on the kitchen floor. They can be picked up between 9-11am the following day unless otherwise indicated by your Private event manager, after this time TGB is not responsible for any items.
A final walk through must be done at the end of the event with the Operations Manager to insure all breakdown procedures have been followed correctly. If the building is not left as stipulated in the contract the party throwing the event will be charged.
There is an Onsite Operations Manager Provided for TGB. Please refer any building questions to them.
A Front Door Manager is also provided by TGB. Please refer questions regarding the private suite and transportation to them.
Other Important Information
You are required to schedule a final walk-through within 30 days of event, but no later than 14 days prior.
Your day-of coordinator or planner, catering manager and other vendors are encouraged to attend but not required.
Final floor plan, headcount, timeline, day-of contact, Green Building furniture rentals, breakdown strategy, credit card number and vendor list must be submitted at the final walk- through.
OUTSIDE EVENT STAFF
A staffing agency can recommend number of staff for dinner based on your headcount and the style of your party. We strongly recommend heeding their recommendation for the best service; if you have any questions, please consult with your venue coordinator. Staffing teams must also include (1) captain.
You must also have hired/assigned a day-of coordinator who will act as your sober event point person for all vendors onsite. This can be a friend or family member, but please think carefully about the responsibilities you are giving to this person. This person must know all vendor contact information and the timeline for the day, along with instructions for packing up at the end of the night, and remain onsite for a walk-through of the venue at the end of the event. The Green Building can provide a day-of coordinator for an additional charge.
Staff must arrive at least one hour prior to guest arrival and must be booked through one hour beyond guest departure to ensure that everything is broken down according to the Green Building policies.
Staff is not permitted to imbibe alcohol during the event. Intoxicated staff members may be asked to leave by the Green Building staff. The Green Building is not responsible for any fees incurred due to staff dismissal.
All candles must be contained in votives. Tapered candles or Candelabras are required to have a hurricane encasing the flame if used. .. No candles are allowed on the floors or in the private suite.
Glitter, sparklers, confetti are not permitted anywhere on the premises, including the outdoor courtyard or in the front of the building from the corner of Union & Bond to Nevins Street.
Licensee or its caterer must break down all Green Building tables and chairs and place against a wall in the main space, separate from third-party rentals.
All third-party rentals must be broken down and placed in front of the kitchen screen in the main space, including all kitchen items (china, glassware, flatware, etc.).
Licensee or its caterer must bag all trash and place outside the kitchen emergency exit.
All items of value (laptop, iPod, marriage certificate, personal heirlooms, gifts, cards,
etc.) should be taken with a responsible party at the end of the night.
Large rental items such as barn or farm tables must be loaded out the evening of the event to permit cleaning of the venue.
All decorative items (votives, paper goods, photos, etc.) must be packed up at the end of the night and placed on a kitchen counter or in the entryway for pick-up the following morning by 11:00 AM, unless otherwise approved by your Green Building coordinator in writing.
There must be a plan for flowers at the end of the night. Centerpieces and vessels must go home with guests, be placed with other personal items for pick-up the next morning, or designated as trash and tossed by catering staff.
After 11:00 AM, items left overnight may be tossed out, or a storage charge of $100.00 per half hour will be taken out of security deposit or billed to credit card received at final walk-through.